- Are you married?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Does your bike have extras/ alter-market parts?
- MOST IMPORTANT - DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH INSURANCE COVERAGE IN THE EVENT YOU ARE INJURED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT ., AND THAT PERSON HAS LOW INSURANCE?
New York State only requires drivers to carry $25,000 of insurance to pay people (including bikers) who are hurt in an accident. Because damages including lost wages, medical expenses, and money for pain and suffering) could easily exceed $25,000, an injured biker may not be fully compensated, even when the accident is someone else's fault.
WHAT IS THE ANSWER?
- Supplemental Under- Insured Motorist coverage (SUM). If your agent doesn't agree that you need it. go somewhere else! It's recommend at least $250,000.00 of SUM coverage for anybody who regularly rides a motorcycle.
- Also recommended obtaining "Single Limit Coverage" when possible.